Doune castle is situated just 20 minutes from the site, in Doune, it is well worth a visit by any film fans. The Castle was originally built in the thirteenth century, but more recently has been used as a film location for:
- Ivanhoe, which featured Robert Taylor and Elizabeth Taylor
- The BBC adaptation of Ivanhoe in 1996 also featured Doune as a location.
- The castle was used as a set for Winterfell in the first season of the TV series Game of Thrones (
- The castle depicted the fictional “Castle Leoch” in the TV adaptation of the Outlander series of novels.
- The castle was also used as a location in Outlaw King, starring Chris Pine.